Communications Keynotes and Workshops
Contact Pam for one of her signature COMMUNICATIONS workshops below or to discuss a custom topic.
5 Practical Communication Tools to Make Your Business More Attractive to Customers TODAY
After 17 years achieving outstanding outcomes in business, non-profit, public relations and fundraising - Witter knows how to attract individuals to an organization. Whether you are looking for customers or community partners, every business MUST have a mission message that is concise and compelling. Witter provides attendees with 5 powerful tools to enhance communication:
1. Discover simple steps to be recognized by peers, customers, and the industry as a go-to expert in your field.
2. Build your elevator speech to deliver power-packed, mission-focused messaging.
3. Learn to use storytelling as evidence to your claims.
4. Identify your brand differentiators to set yourself apart.
5. Gain easy-to-use tools to write and speak more effectively.
Utilizing Thought Leadership to Expand Mission Reach
Although thought leadership has been around since the 60's when for-profit consulting firms created communication pieces mirroring academic journals to increase clientele, it has earned renewed notoriety in recent years. Legitimate thought leadership done right enhances reputation, increases presence, positions you above competitors, generates leads and conversions, and optimizes impact in the chaotic world of everything internet. (6 Ways Thought Leadership Will Take Your Marketing to New Levels, John Hall, Forbes.com) However, many use the mechanism without delivering anything of substance. A though leader, according to Joel Kurtzman, the man who coined the term, comes from an individual who "deeply understands the business they are in, the needs of the customers, and the broader marketplace in which they operate." This powerful sessions defines the term thought leadership, explores its uses and misuses, and suggests strategies to capitalize on thought leadership to increase visibility and awareness of your mission, service or product. Walk away with a solid understanding of the proper use of this vehicle and how to engage individuals in your organization to put your best foot forward as an expert in your industry.
The Power of Public Speaking is an organic workshop designed to demystify the skill we love to hate, while giving attendees clear and practical tips to evolve as an orator. Delivered by nationally published author and speaker, Pamela H. Witter, BA, MBA, CFRE, attendees will hear how she went from shaky and frightened to public and powerful. Witter will walk through a 9-step process in this interactive, engaging, and educational half-day session. The workshop can be adjusted to fit various time frames but is recommended in full. You will:
- Discover why the skill we love to hate is a "superpower"
- Learn to position yourself as an industry expert (mastering presence with humility)
- Identify where you fit in the stages of confidence
- Answer for yourself, to script or not to script
- Awaken to the opportunity of embracing you flubs and flaws
- Gain simple strategies to overcome anxiety
- Practice together with purpose (voluntary)
- See the value in facing feedback (integrate or let it go)
- Hone in on authenticity through story telling (something you never have to memorize)
Coming SOON: Pam is currently building out two new marketing sessions on branding and on data analysis for advertising and marketing. She and her teams have mastered both functions from a grassroots level and she will share the simple but effective methods they put into practice to achieve award-winning marketing results for their institution.
Communications and Marketing Achievements
In 2014, Witter took over supervision of the Department of Marketing and Public Relations at her institution. After conducting a full departmental restructure and re-brand of the institution, her team saw astounding outcomes and ultimately won a slate of regional and national awards including:
- Public Relations Society of America Buffalo Niagara Excalibur Silver Award: Trocaire College Website Relaunch
- Public Relations Society of America Buffalo Niagara Excalibur Gold Award: Trocaire College President's Report
- InfoTech WNY BETA Award for Digital Marketing
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education Accolade Award Honorable Mention: Website
- Public Relations Society of America Buffalo Niagara Excalibur Gold Award: Magazine and Newsletters
- Public Relations Society of America Buffalo Niagara Excalibur Silver Award: Social Media Strategy